YouTube is a vast resource for people from different walks of life all over the world. Students use it as a search engine, influencers share glimpses of their daily lives, while creators and brands use it to spread information and build a strong brand identity. In 2021, the total number of users of the popular video-sharing app reached 2.5 billion.
Thus, YouTube has a vast audience that you can tap into to build a community and turn in more revenue. Most brands also buy YouTube subscribers to help them kickstart their journey. The following article details how you can create a YouTube channel to bring your users closer to your brand.
- Sign In Using Your Official Google Account
It might not be a surprise that YouTube is owned by Google, which is why it is easier to use the platform and access it. You can create a dedicated Google account for the YouTube channel or use yours. However, experts suggest using the Google account dedicated to your business as presenting a uniform view across all social media platforms is necessary. Navigate to YouTube.com, click on your Business Profile icon in the upper right corner and select ‘Create a Channel.’ Now, you will be asked to enter your business name, but more on that in the next step!
- Pick Out a Business Channel Name
As soon as you have created your channel, you will be asked to customize your channel, and rightfully so! Just like other social media platforms, your YouTube channel should clearly express your brand identity. YouTube asks for your first and last name for the YouTube channel, which is applicable for personal accounts. You would notice that YouTube also offers the option of using a business or product name, which is appropriate when creating a YouTube channel for a business. Enter your brand’s name and you have a YouTube channel ready for generating more traffic. You could also buy YouTube subscribers for better engagement on new videos, or buy YouTube views to increase the view count on your first videos.
- Customize and Decorate Your YouTube Channel
A YouTube channel is not enough to build a brand identity; you need to customize it to fit your brand image and personality. Some critical elements to help you do so are:-
- Channel Icon – Generally, the channel icon is a visual representation of the brand and features the company’s logo. Hover over the channel icon placeholder and click on the pencil that appears to upload your channel icon.
- Banner Image/Channel Art – When you visit any YouTube profile, you would see that they have an image in a large rectangular area which is similar to Facebook’s cover picture. This is known as the banner image or the cover picture and offers a chance of aligning your users with what your brand is. Make sure to upload a clear, high-quality image that adheres to your brand’s chosen colour palette.
- Edit Your About Section – The About section is essential to provide an overview of the brand to the visitors. A great tip is to include links to your website or other social accounts to build a compact brand identity.
After you have customized your YouTube channel, you can buy YouTube subscribers to ensure that your account reaches the audience you desire.
- Give Your Social Media Team the Proper Controls
Managing a Business YouTube channel can get hectic and an in-house social media team can help. Setting appropriate managers for accessing, posting, and monitoring your content on the platform is necessary. Just follow the steps listed below to set up the necessary controls:-
- Click your profile picture in the upper right corner and click on ‘Settings’ from the drop-down.
- Click on ‘Add or remove managers’ that appears in the lower-right area.
- You will be taken to a screen that lists your brand account details, where you will find the ‘Manage Permissions’ button.
- Click the icon on the upper-right corner of the pop-up box and add the email addresses of the people you want to add as managers.
Another important reason for adding managers and giving proper controls is that as your business YouTube grows, you will need to manage the incoming comments and queries. Thus, assigning proper controls to your social media team is important to maintain a proper YouTube account.
YouTube can help you go distances and gather a larger audience to boost profits. You can buy YouTube views or buy YouTube subscribers for better engagement without much effort. We hope the article helped you get started with YouTube to reach new heights in your business!